Often, you require a healthy make-ahead breakfast. Whether you’re serving a crowd or attempting to alleviate hectic weekday early mornings, this breakfast casserole hits the spot.
Usually, breakfast casseroles consists of sausage and potatoes. I filled this one up with fresh veggies and greens rather, consisting of red bell pepper, green onion and spinach.
Velvety feta or goat cheese rounds everything out. You do not require a lots of dairy to accomplish a charming, elegant texture. This is a lightened-up meal that appears more indulgent than it actually is.
This healthy breakfast casserole is the ideal addition to a vacation breakfast spread. Considering that it provides some protein and veggies, it’s an excellent method to assist stabilize those scrumptious carb-heavy deals with, like muffins and pancakes. I ‘d be enjoyed discover this choice together with bagels and cream cheese. Leftovers benefit lunch, too.
To establish this dish, I followed my sure-fire frittata formula. It’s simple to make, vibrant and scrumptious!
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
You’ll discover the complete dish listed below, however here’s a short summary:
- Sauté the bell peppers and green onion till tender, then include spinach and cook till wilted. Set the pan aside for a couple of minutes to cool, so the warm veggies do not prepare the eggs when we stir them together.
- Blend together the eggs with a dash of full-fat dairy, like entire milk or Greek yogurt, plus some salt and pepper. Stir in half of the cheese (we’re booking the other half for topping the casserole).
- Transfer the veggies into the egg mix, stir to integrate, then carefully put everything into a buttered baking meal. Leading with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake till the eggs are prepared through. That’s it!
How to Prepare This Casserole ahead of time
Prepare the mix as advised, however cool the egg and vegetable mix in a blending bowl or in the buttered baking meal for approximately 2 days.
Bake as directed, understanding that your meal might need a couple of additional minutes in the oven given that it’s beginning cold (particularly if you cooled in the baking meal).
Breakfast Casserole Serving Ideas
This breakfast casserole would suit perfectly with any breakfast spread. Here are some basic recommendations:
- Avocado Toast or any other toast
- Bagels with cream cheese and garnishes
- Crispy Hash Browns, which you can make in a frying pan while the frittata cooks
- Muffins, pancakes and waffles
- Salads, for a well-rounded well balanced meal
Please let me understand how your breakfast casserole ends up in the remarks! I like speaking with you.
Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: 40 minutes
- Overall Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 portions 1 x
- Classification: Breakfast
- Approach: Baked
- Food: American
- Diet Plan: Vegetarian
Make this healthy breakfast casserole dish for the vacations or hectic weekday early mornings! Including red bell peppers, spinach and velvety cheese, this casserole is wholesome, hearty and loaded with fresh taste. Dish yields 8 generous portions.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced (about 2 cups).
- 3/4 cup very finely sliced green onion (about 1 little lot).
- 5 ounces approximately sliced spinach (about 5 cups).
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons full-fat dairy (whipping cream, half-and-half, entire milk, sour cream or yogurt).
- Numerous dashes of your preferred hot sauce, like Cholula.
- 1/2 teaspoon great salt.
- 10 twists of newly ground black pepper.
- 4 ounces (1 cup) fell apart feta or goat cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan with butter (do not be lured to utilize cooking spray; it does not work almost also).
- In a big frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat till glittering. Include the bell pepper and green onion and cook till the pepper hurts and prepared through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Include the spinach to the frying pan and cook, while stirring, till wilted, about 2 minutes. Set the pan aside to cool for a bit while we prepare the egg mix.
- Split the eggs into a medium blending bowl. Include your dairy of option, numerous dashes of hot sauce, plus the salt and pepper. Blend simply till the egg yolks and whites are mixed.
- Stir in half of the cheese (we’re booking the other half for topping the frittata prior to baking). Transfer the gently cooled veggies into the bowl, and stir to integrate.
- Put the mix into the ready pan. Equally distribute the staying cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (watch on it), till the eggs are puffed and appear prepared, and the center of the frittata simply hardly wiggles when you provide it a mild shimmy. For great step, place a fork about 1/4- inch into the center of the eggs and ensure the fork comes out tidy
- Location the frittata on a cooling rack till you’re prepared to serve. Slice with a sharp knife, and serve. Leftovers will keep well for about 4 days in the fridge. Delight in leftovers cooled, at space temperature level, or carefully reheat in the microwave or oven.
Prepare ahead of time: Cover and cool the mix till you’re prepared to bake (it must keep well for approximately 2 days). Bake as directed, however understand that your meal might need a couple of additional minutes in the oven given that it’s beginning cold.
Modification it up: I like the tastes you see here, however you can certainly utilize other veggies in comparable amounts. More sturdy greens like kale or chard will need a bit more cooking time. Discover other taste variations on my frittata post.
Can I freeze it? I do not advise freezing remaining breakfast casserole. When I thawed my frozen pieces, they turned really watery and somewhat rubbery. If you’re trying to find a great egg-based freezer dish, have a look at my breakfast burritos.
▸ Nutrition Details
The info revealed is a price quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It must not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s suggestions. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-breakfast-casserole-recipe/ .