Grain-Free Chocolate Sea Salt Granola Hunks
These grain-free and vegan chocolate sea salt granola hunks resemble little bites of paradise. Perfect to get as a treat or to separate and spray over some yogurt.
I seem like it’s 2012 and I’m sea salting whatever nowadays, however I simply needed to go with it in this chocolate sea salt granola hunks dish. These are type of like a cereal variation of a Bounty Bar, however a bit more wholesome and nutty. I like to cruise by the container on the counter, get a couple of hunks, and keep happening with my day. The ideal little bite of sweet taste and crunch.
Perhaps you’re questioning: why grain-free? I’m not on an unique diet plan or anything (quite obvious), however I have actually been understood to spray standard oat-based granola on top of my bowls of porridge (that are made with oat milk LOL), and I likewise like Simply Elizabeth’s grain-free granola, so I figured I ‘d attempt my hand at a homemade variation. The only method I might take in much more oats would be if I consumed an oat milk latte with my triple oat porridge– which I have actually carried out in the previous! Anyhow, it was all getting a little too oat-y for me, and I simply like the nutty and coconut-y goodness of this granola.
I utilize (surprise!) tahini and maple syrup as the binding base for these granola hunks. Generally my 2 preferred active ingredients. You desire tahini that is pour-able and of excellent quality here. I imply, you constantly desire that for whatever dish you’re utilizing tahini in, however it’s truly essential! Seed + Mill just recently sent me some samples of their tahini and it is really magnificent. Barely any bitter edge, mellow and velvety, and a nuttiness that’s boosted by simply a bit of salt. I likewise take pleasure in the reality that it’s packaged in a glass container with a metal cover. No plastic whatsoever. * thumbs up *
Sliced up almonds and big flake coconut form the naturally grain-free cereal “flakes” for us here. They get crispy and stick perfectly. Very little more to state about this one besides this: simply make it! It’s so delicious with some sliced banana over a little coconut (or other plant-based) yogurt with a spray of cacao nibs to truly draw out the chocolate vibes. I wager some juicy sectors of blood orange would be a scrumptious seasonal addition.
More Granola Goodness:
- Spiced Sugary Food Potato Granola with Pecans
- Tahini Granola with Orange, Cacao & Mulberries
- No Waste Nut Pulp Granola
I hope that you’re having a remarkable week which everybody in the affected locations made it through the legendary Winter season storm. We discovered that Mickie enjoys leaping around in the snow stacks, however that she likewise gets too cold in about 30 seconds haha. I’m investing the rest of my week dealing with some brand-new dish tasks and a couple of other things on the up and up. I’m likewise holding strong on my 2019 objective of everyday meditation– 22 days in a row! I utilize the Insight Timer app due to the fact that I like how easy it is. They state that it takes 3 weeks to form a practice, so I’m relying on that to move me forward. Stacking my excellent routines and consuming my granola hunks in 2019 yessss!
Grain-Free Chocolate Sea Salt Granola Hunks
Grain-free chocolate sea salt granola hunks resemble little bites of paradise. Perfect to get as a treat or to separate over some yogurt.
PREPARATION TIME 10 minutes COOK TIME 35 minutes OVERALL TIME 45 minutes
Course Breakfast, Treat Diet Plan Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 5 Cups
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups big flake coconut shreds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, approximately sliced
- Preheat the oven to 300 ° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, blend together the tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. As soon as you have a smooth and unified mix, include the almonds, coconut, and sunflower seeds to the bowl also.
- Completely blend the nuts and seeds with the cocoa mix up until whatever seems equally covered.
- Divide the granola equally among the 2 baking sheets. Utilizing a spatula, spread out the granola out a bit. It’s all right to have some clusters of the granola, however you do wish to offer the clusters some area.
- Bake the granola up until a little firm to the touch, about 30-35 minutes amount to. You’ll require to carefully toss the granola at the middle of baking also. Once it’s done, eliminate it from the oven and let it cool totally. When you initially take it out, the granola hunks will appear soft and undercooked. They tighten and form the hunks as they cool.
- As soon as totally cool, save the chocolate sea salt granola hunks in a sealed container. Granola keeps efficiently for approximately a week.
- You can replace raw cacao powder for the cocoa if you ‘d like a more extreme flavour.
- I like to really taste the salt in this, however if you’re trying to find more directly sweet, chocolate-y, nutty goodness, call the salt back to 1/2 teaspoon.
- I approximately slice the sunflower seeds in the food mill, however this is an optional action.
- The quality of your tahini is essential. It truthfully makes a world of distinction! I like Seed + Mill’s tahini along with Soom brand name.
- 2 baking sheets is perfect so that the granola can be expanded. Parchment or Silpat linings are needed.
Program 15 remarks
Maple Sea Salt LatteWinter Shimmer Juice
Check Out Complete Post https://thefirstmess.com/2019/01/23/grain-free-chocolate-sea-salt-granola-hunks-recipe/ .